Oh wow, it’s June. When did that happen? It can’t be June yet because that means that craft fair season is coming–and I’m not ready!
I missed May’s Fresh Sewing Day, but that wasn’t going to happen this month. No, this time I was going for gusto! Here’s what I did in May:
- I bought a bunch of fabric from my local quilt store and I finally got a Clover Mini Iron II for small seams. (I plan to write a review for the iron later.) Keep in mind, I’m supposed to be on a fabric diet. But I needed it. Really. *Ahem* Moving on …
- I pieced the top of a mystery gift quilt, and practiced matching points (which I admit I still need to work on).
- I found a foundation-pieced purple quilt from 2013 that I had forgotten about in my work-in-progress pile. Joined a few rows. Four blocks to go!
- I pieced the top of my auction quilt for my church. Wahoo! So glad to get this one off my plate, and with time to spare. Now to think up creative ways to raise more money with it.
- I started piecing the back of my auction quilt using scraps leftover from the front. The jelly roll race section ended up being more work than I thought, but waste not, want not. (More on this in a future post, too.)
- I became addicted to hexagons.
- I forced myself to step away from the hexagons.
- I remembered that I’m a knitter. Seriously. Sometimes I think I’m a quilter from January to May and a knitter from June to December. I wonder why that is? Worked on my sweater a bit, then started making a bunch of washcloths for the craft fair junket. I want the blue one for myself. Is it bad business to hope your favorites don’t sell so you can keep them?
- Total number of photos ruined by Penny jumping in the shot (just this month): 6
That should be about it. Busy month! This was my first full month of blogging, and I just want to say thank-you to all those who have left comments, liked my posts, and followed me. From the knitters to the crocheters, from the dog lovers to the quilt lovers, you guys are all the best, and I’m humbled that you keep reading my work. (And I love that I get to check out and be inspired by your work, too!)
One thought on “Fresh Sewing Day”
What lovely projects you have on the go, I’m not sure how you have time when you have such a gorgeous dog to play with! I looked you up through Lily’s link up. Thanks for sharing your week, Kind regards,